Entrepreneur Cafe is proud to support 10K startup program
What is 10K Startup
10,000 Startups is an ambitious attempt by India’s premier IT industry body - NASSCOM to scale up the startup ecosystem in India by 10x. The program is supported by Microsoft, Google, Intel, Verisign & Kotak. 10,000 Startups aims to enable incubation, funding and support for 10,000 technology startups in India over the next ten years.
The program’s vision is to:
§ Foster entrepreneurship
§ Build entrepreneurial capabilities at scale and
§ Strengthen early stage support for tech startups
To meet these objective the program has bring together key stakeholders of the ecosystem including startup incubators / accelerators, angel investors, venture capitalists, startup support groups, mentors and technology corporations.
With 10,000 Start-ups NASSCOM aims to build a vibrant ecosystem for technology entrepreneurship in India.
India’s largest platform to connect with the tech entrepreneurship community
- Under the aegis of 10,000 Start-ups, NASSCOM organizes and supports workshops, meetups, hackathon, pitches for technology entrepreneurs building solutions for web and mobile in order to build a vibrant tech startup ecosystem in the country. Since its launch in April 2013, the 10,000 Start-ups has done about 462 events in 22 cities of the country which were attended by a whopping 25,000 attendees
- In the last one and half years, 10,000 Start-ups has built a vibrant social community for more than 100,000 followers and an opt-in mailing list of about 30,000 existing and aspiring entrepreneurs
- The program has also hosted some of the global icons of the technology world like Eric Schmidt, Michael Dell, Vinod Khosla and more recently Sundar Pichai .
India’s biggest tech startup program in terms of impact
- After it was launched in April’13, the 10,000 Start-ups program has received over 9000 applications from various parts of the country and about 500 tech startups have been shortlisted in 2 phases. These startups got the opportunity to pitch to more than 30+ partners of the program including leading accelerators, angel investor networks and venture capital firms.
- These companies received access to a pool of mentors including technology leaders, successful founders, domain experts, angel investors etc
- Beyond this, they also received platforms to meet large enterprises, system integrators and strategic who could potentially be customers and strategic partners.
- With the support of Govt of Karnataka, NASSCOM also established a co-working facility called Startup Warehouse exclusively for tech startups right in the heart of the city.
- Through various initiatives, the program has been able to successfully impact 150+ technology startups out of the 800+ who have been shortlisted under the program. These companies have raised funds, got into acceleration programs, found customers and onboarded mentors through the program. We look forward to scaling this number drastically in the days to come!
For More Information Visit : http://10000startups.com/